Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Age of Mobility and more.


A person one day asked me about my mispent youth and what had I done during the late 1950's onwards. The answer was quite simple.
  • Motor scooter/motor cycles. The latter almost had me departing this mortal life. It was got rid of and then the story continues.

  • Car: The notorious Mazengarb Overhead Valve converted 1950 Morris Minor known as the "Black Immaculate". [Please check out the link]

  • The odd young lady or two or three.

  • Car: 1955 FJ Holden Special.

  • One particular young lady who didn't last the distance.

  • Car: 1958 FC Holden Special heavilly modified. [A seperate post to follow.]

  • A new young Lady who was to become my partner. [politically correct term] A family of three children. One son and two daughters who in turn have presented us with five lovely grand children.

  • Then a series of cars, Ford Falcons, Ford Cortinas, 48/53 series [FX] Holden [A seperate post to follow], VW Beetles [refer to website], Dune Buggies, Leyland P76 - V8, Datsun 1200 coupe, Toyota Corona S/W, and lastly a Ford Laser and Toyota Camry.

  • In between the above, Citizen Band Radio appeared in Australia starting off as pirate operators till it became legal in the early 1970's

  • Somewhere in between all of this I became involved with Lions Clubs International. First as a member of the Penguin Lions Club (Tasmania) 1963 for a period of three years. Shift work effectively put an end to that till August 1985 when I was invited to become a member of the City Of Burnie Lions Club Inc. formerly known as the Burnie Lions Club. Positions held: Secretary [Penguin], Director, Vice President for two years, President 1988-89, Club Board member for a number of years. At District level: Zone Chairman 1989-90, Regional Chairman 1990-91, 2009-2010, District Chairman 1991-95.

  • Volunteer work: Burnie Visitor Information Centre, Burnie Online Access Centre, Red Cross Meals on Wheels, Library book distribution to the elderly, Red Cross Transport. all amounting in excess of 10,000 hours.

  • Now ask me what I do in my spare time. What the hell is that?

I invite all visitors to have a look at my Website of which this blog page is related to. There is something there that will interest most people.

http://www2.webng.com/theoldgoat/

No comments:

Post a Comment